Monday, May 9, 2011

Tulips

For the last couple of years I had begged Jeremy to take me to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. Each time I'd ask he would go on about how the quantity of tulips Thanksgiving Point had to offer was probably nothing to that of Washington and that if I could wait he'd be sure that I got my fill of flowers. So finally this year we went. And here is what Washington had to offer...

(And doesn't he just look precious?)



Nah I'm only kidding. Jeremy was good for his word and there were fields upon fields of tulips.









And a my personal favorite: Where's Jeremy?




6 comments:

Larry said...

Absolutely beautiful! The tulip festival here is very different. They are actual flower beds, so not nearly as many tulips, but there were tons of varieties. There are some crazy looking tulips out there. It is defiantly worth going to if you ever have another chance. Also after the tulip festival at Thanksgiving point they sell all of the bulbs but when you buy them you don't know which varieties you are buying, so it can be fun to watch them come up the next year. I am so glad you had fun at the tulip fields. Nothing here can compare. We love you and miss you! -Nancy

Megan and Ben Smith said...

Wow! that is amazing! Glad you posted! We miss you guys.

Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy said...

This was actually only one of 22 fields. Others do it more like they do at Thanksgiving Point where they have planted them in organized flower beds. This one work better with time but we drove by so many and also dandelion fields. I wish you could see it.

And Megan we miss you too. Jeremy works during the week and I work weekends. We need to work something out in the next couple of weeks to come and see you and your house!

Jeremy said...

Rachel wrote that last comment.

We actually drove by DAFFODIL fields, not DANDELION fields. We have dandelion fields here in Enumclaw. But, not many people flock to see them.

Gerb said...

WAIT ONE SECOND! You actually post to your blog now? And I've been missing out?! Apparently I've got some reading to do...